January 21, 2008

Life Can Be Bitter Sweet


For the last 2years 3months I have had the most wonderful calling, I was the Relief Society President in the Cheyenne Ridge Ward. It is with sadness on my part to be released. I loved working with the sisters in our ward!!! I loved getting to know them and their families. I have learned so much from all of them. In so many ways they were my teacher and I had the privilage of being apart of their lives. I have worked with great people over the last 2 years. I will miss every part of being Relief Society President. But I know there is a season for all things, I am moving on to a new season, and leaving this reponsiblity with a wonderful capable sister who loves the sisters of our ward as much as I do. This gives me much comfort. I will tell you, when I told my children they All shouted hurray!!! They will be glad to have their mom and grandma back, and my husband is thrilled because he thinks now that I have more time on my hands I need to spoil him!!! I'm sure the Lord will not let me relax too long. That is what I love about church callings you learn so much. Thanks to all of you for all your love and support. Lisa

7 comments:

Cher said...

Hey Lis! We won't know for 7 or 8 more weeks the sex of the baby, and I'm already so anxious to find out! I can't wait to start shopping and decorating! It sounds like you just got a huge change in your life, bittersweet I'm sure. I think we left a bunch of stuff at your house, so I guess that means you'll be seeing us again before you know it.. or want to :-)

Life these days...... said...

WHAT!?!?!?! Oh that makes me so sad!!!!! Lisa you touch my heart more then you know! and I'm sure many others. I'm excited for you to have more time for yourself and ur family. Thanks for your strong testimony, sweet spirit and for just being YOU! love ya!
~Taeya

ksdavis6 said...

Lisa thanks for writing me, I looked at your site via Heathers, your grandbabies are beautiful!!! We really like Coos Bay, 100% different than LV, a lot to adjust to, but we've done well. Tell your children hello, I am going to add you to my site, I hope you don't mind, you can add mine if you want. It is fun to see what everybody is up to via blog sites. I really love them. Take care and enjoy your new calling, whatever that is!!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for all you have done for me. You are an amazing woman! I'm glad we'll still see each other!

Nicole Cave said...

Hey, I did get your message last night. I just haven't had a chance to actually call you back. But, I love hearing your voice...thanks for thinking of me. I am fine. Uncomfortable, but that is to be expected. I'll call you soon!!

Unknown said...

Lisa,
You did such a wonderful job! You are an amazing woman and have helped the sisters in our ward grow closer together during your time as RS pres. I love you and thank you for all you have done!
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Lisa:

I am getting ready to put in an order of Maple Island Powdered Milk as a result of a preparedness fair we had in our stake. Is there a chance you would like to let the sisters in your ward/stake know about it in case anyone wants to order? sgbleazard@cox.net or call me 285-7805 Robyn Bleazard