December 23, 2009

Christmas Fun!






























I have my nieces and nephew over the Christmas Break. My brother donated his kidney so his wife could get a kidney that matched her. They both had surgery at Scripps in San Diego December 15 and 16th, It is amazing how this came to be, my brother wanted to donate a kidney to his wife but was not a match. He went to Scripps and talked with the transplant coordinator, They have been working on this for a year. The coordinator then started putting the pieces together. It affected 6 people. 3 people who have been on dialasis, now have new kidneys! This is a gift of love, I have been trying to keep my kids busy while their parents are away. We have been to the dollar store twice to play a game, we draw names I give the kids money and they go buy a gift for that person. They love running through the store shopping! Monday we went ice skating for 4 hours, Then for FHE we made Christmas cookies!! Tuesday we went to the Bellagio to see the flower garden and chocolate fountain! then we went to the fashion show and saw the wonderful Christmas show!! I take my kids every year! At the end it snows! Then we went to brass pro shops, they have a great Santa and Mrs. Claus. They had target shooting with paly guns and bow. We had a fun day! Brooklynn and Remington feel asleep in the car on the way home!! Today we are going to the Chipmunk movie! It is going to be a fun Christmas Break! My brother and his wife are doing good, we are hoping they will release them for a few days to come home for Christmas! Have a Merry Christmas!






2 comments:

lauren said...

man you guys are very busy! you sure are spoiling them! no wonder they feel asleep in the car!!

Sheree said...

What a beautiful gift at Christmas! And you are an angel taking care of the children so it could all happen. Hope you continue to have a wonderful holiday and very happy, healthy New Year!