February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines Day


We celebrated Valentines Day tonight! It was wonderful, Bob surprised me with a dozen red roses and we went to dinner at Maggianos( one of our families favorite resturant),they had a strolling guitarist who came by and sang to us. If you have never been there my favorite is the Rigatoni D'. Afterwards we shopped since we were at the fashion show mall. I bought some Mac makeup and I got some great deals at dillards for my grandbabies. Then we went out to the car thinking my evening was fabulous.Bob had one more surprise a gift certificate to Aquae Sulis Spa. This spa is in the J.W. Marriott, if you need a little pampering this is the place.I have been going there for several years.The first time I went my preschoolers had gotten me a gift card. The funny part was one of my old preschoolers worked there( that gives you a clue how long I have taught). I asked him to set up a great day for me. That is when I was introduced to "LOST IN PARADISE"!!!!! This is the best!!! I have introduced several family and friends to this and everybody loves it!!!!.I am so excited to go and spend the day at the spa!!! Bob is so good to me!!! I love him alot! we have been married for 27 years. I believe you always need to work at a marriage. Some great advice I heard which came from a marriage councilor. Do one nice thing for your spouse each day. This does not mean clean the house or laundry.
This means a back rub or sit down and hold hands. It should be somthing you have to put some thought into. I have taken my husband for granted lately so I am trying to be more thoughtful. Dr. Laura said that alot of marriage problems is caused by selfishness. I am trying to be a kinder and more thoughtful person to the people who I love and who love me!!! Have a great Valentines Day

8 comments:

Tara said...

Maggianos is our favorite place! What a sweet post, thanks for sharing! Looks like you have a a nice spa day ahead. Enjoy!

Lindsey said...

WAY TO GO DAD!! I am excited to see the stuff you got for Corbin!! Oh Corbin has a V-Day gift for you we will be over today :o)

Nicole Cave said...

I do not think you could be any kinder to those you love...you are already a great example of loving others and serving others to me!! Love Ya!!

lauren said...

sounds like you are spoiled mom!!!

Mandy said...

fun valentines! i have heard great things about that resturant. i guess i need to try it.
hey could you let lindsey know i cant sigh into her blog. i thought i sent her my email mandymoo515@hotmail.com
i would still like to ready her blog. thanks!

Life these days...... said...

Spolied! I love it, you do deserve it.
PS. I love Dr. Laura haha

Alli Easley said...

How fun! Lucky you, Miss Lisa. Also, Bob is awesome. I have always loved that guy! Oh and you're so right about the marriage thing. If only everyone knew that little fact when they first got married, then so many families wouldn't have to go through divorce, I think. I whole heartedly agree with the policy of doing one nice thing for your spouse every single day. Keeps the fire burning too, don't you think?

Chris and Elaine said...

What wise advice, Lisa! I'm so impressed, Bob. Yes, we finally have a blog and I love keeping in touch this way. Rachel is seeing Dr. Barry. Isn't that who operated on Emily? Enjoy being lost in paradise!