April 19, 2008

TRIBUTE TO T.C.

Today I went to a funeral of a young man I have known since he was 4 years old. I taught T.C. preschool and two of his other siblings. What a great family Cliff and Becky have!!! T.C. has always been a happy, fun & kind kid!!! I am blessed that I have had the opportunity to see a lot of my preschoolers grow up. T.C. moved into my ward 4 years ago. He greeted me the first Sunday with a big hug and smile,just like he had done so many years ago in preschool. I had talked with him sometime before this when he set me up a day at the Marriott spa (where he was asst. manager). He said to me you take care of children all the time you need a special day let me set it up for you!!!(my preschoolers had given me a gift card that really helped) I went in and first had a treatment called LOST IN PARADISE and it is the most wonderful treatment there, then I went for an hour facial!!! It was the best day!
T.C.'s dad Cliff gave us an assignment from T.C. Live the commandments, and be a little kinder to our fellowman. T.C. gave of himself all the time! It was apparent by the church overflowing with people. I appreciate all he gave to us and he will be missed by our family! T.C. is serving a new mission in Heaven,and we will continue the good work you were doing on this earth by showing more Charity.

3 comments:

Tara said...

It was so good to see you yesterday and I really appreciated your big hug!

In all sincerity, TC's funeral was the best one I have ever been to. The music was incredible and each speaker offered gospel doctrine and words of comfort, hope and happiness that I think lifted the spirits of everyone in attendance. I actually left in a good mood, remembering TC for the wonderful example he was and recommitting to being a better person.

What I thought would be a sad, somber experience was quite the opposite. What a neat family they are!

Nicole Cave said...

I wish I could have gone to his funeral. I was in their family's ward growing up for awhile. Didn't know him very well...but my siblings are good friends with them. I always remember their family having a great sense of humor...which I think is always nice to have!

Anonymous said...

The funeral was so nice. We left there and all sad we really didn't feel that sad. Cliff and Becky are amazing people and have such a great family. They are such great examples.

It was so nice to see you.