May 12, 2008

Our Wild Mothers Day Weekend!!!

It started Friday night and we drove to Beaver Dam AZ where my mom and dad live and we brought my mom dinner from our favorite Italian restaurant. She loves their garlic spaghetti. Of course when we got there my mom was doing her favorite hobby, QUILTING, she is amazing!! We had a great evening talking and eating we came home late because Bob had a gun class all day Saturday! I went shopping with the girls while Bob was teaching. We had a great time, Corbin was not feeling well so we left. The kids came over and we barbecued steaks and watched a movie( Josh Lisa & the girls we missed they were in San Diego at the Zoo). Corbin started running a fever again ( He had an ear infection and was on an antibiotic since Tuesday)We gave him more Tylenol and he seemed fine.Until I got a phone call at 2:30 in the morning, It was Lindsey crying, "Mom Corbin just had a seizure he went stiff,his eyes rolled back in his head and he quit breathing. Jesse gave him mouth to mouth he is breathing now and the paramedics just got here and we are on our way to Summerlin hospital!!!!! I need my insurance cards". ( I had them because they were on a cruise last week and I had Corbin).It took me 3 times to read those stupid numbers on the card!!! It is amazing that you can't think or read at 2:30 a.m. Needless to say we were up until 6:00 a.m. when they finally released him!!! I called my brother Darrin he is an ER doctor with the Summerlin group, to see if he was working, Of course he wasn't but called the doctor on to let him know Corbin was on his way. Darrin told me he thought Corbin was having a FEBRILE SEIZURE he told me they were very common. I have raised four children and never heard of this. Children get them from fevers!!! The good news is he is o.k. they changed his medicine and he must stay on Tylenol every three hours to keep his fever away! then today he went to see his regular doctor. Life is so precious and things can change in a second!!! It sure made me appreciate all the Lord has blessed me with!!! I had a great breakfast with Lauren and Jason, Jason made me his special strawberry crepes with a sauce he created. They were define!! he also made folded cheese eggs. Bob bought me flowers, Josh cleaned out my fridge and Jesse wrote me a beautiful card. I have great men in my life!!! The girls gave me more night shirts and made me rice pudding!! I am spoiled! Needless to say I slept in Monday!!! I love being a Mom, Wife and Grandma!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

im so glad corbin is doing better mom! i wish i could be there! but i had a blast on the group date i went on tonite! no one got lucky;)dont you worry! anyways love you guys and MISS YOU TONS!!

Shelly said...

Lis---
I am sorry your weekend was chaos. Wow, we never know what we're getting into when we are moms. Katie had 3 febrile seizures when she was about 9 mos old. (We lived there in Vegas) She had 3 within about 6 weeks, and it's never happened again. It can be scary, but I have been vigilant about giving her tylenol/motrin when she gets sick (to prevent the fever) and for sure when she has a fever, so it doesn't happen. Hang in there. We love you guys! Come see us next time you're in SLC.

Tara said...

Those seizures are scary. My niece has had them three times and I was with her for two of them. I also have three girlfriends whose kids get them regularly so they are quite common. From everything I have been told the kids do grow out of them and they usually happen when their fever is either spiking or coming down rapidly.

Sorry your weekend was crazy, but it sounds like you had some good moments too. I love rice pudding, my grandma makes it for me!

Mandy said...

how scary for everyone! im so glad everything turned out ok.
other than the ER visit it sounds like a great mothers day weekend!

Leslie said...

I am glad Corbin is okay. What a scare! He is so cute! I hope you have a good week this week!

Coco said...

i read about corbin on lindsey's blog--how scary. i'm glad i know about these seizures now, cause i had never heard of them before.

can't wait to see you!!

Nicole Cave said...

Isn't it ironic that all this took place on Mother's Day weekend...women sure do alot for their families, and I know you do plenty for yours. Ashton was just telling me the other day that one of the chiefs he just worked with told him to study up on seizures because they get calls for them all the time. Most don't hurt you though. I think there is only one that is dangerous...I don't know. I am glad everyone is ok...I hate those late night trips to the ER!!!

Sherrie said...

Lisa I commented on this post but I guess it didn't work. So I will try it again. I'm so sorry about Corbin. I'm glad he is doing better how scarey. My baby has seizures too. We are helping he out grows them. My heart goes out to you. I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. I would love to be invited on Emily site. Will you let her know. I will be helping Alicia set up her dorm in August for college. Not sure my heart can handle it. I'm happy for her but its hard to see my first child leave home. No one told me how hard it would be. My heart goes out to all Moms when it comes to letting there children grow up and out. Alicia will do great but the rest of us will have some getting used to the idea. She will be very missed in our home. I'm so excited for Emily. Love you guys tons!!!!!!

Lynt said...

Oh man! My cousin had the febrile seizures when she was a baby. She's 36 now, and doing just fine. Your call to Darrin reminded me of the night you called Darrin for Taite. Remember when she split open her head at your house? You and Lolly were so great! You two always are!